Orange County Injury Lawyers
Irvine, Newport Beach, Mission Viejo, San Clemente and all of California
Personal injury in Irvine has many causes. The National Center for Injury Protection and Control reports that accidental injuries result in 31 million emergency room visits every year. At the Law Offices of David P. Crandall we understand that injuries impact not only your life but the lives of those you love. That is why it is important to select the right personal injury lawyer in Irvine who can guide you through the process and take away some of the stress so you can focus on healing and rebuilding your life.
Types of personal injury in Irvine
Accidents can happen anywhere and at any time. Here are some of the most common types of injury in Irvine:
- Transportation Accidents—Transportation accidents include auto, truck, train, and motorcycle accidents. Motor vehicle accidents are one of the most frequent causes of personal injury and impart some of the most traumatic and life altering injuries. Often times the full impact of an injury is not known until much later. Head and spine injuries are often caused by transportation accidents.
- Work Related Injuries—If an injury is sustained while performing duties of employment, because of faulty or defective equipment, an unsafe work environment, or harmful conditions, a person is entitled to medical attention and compensation.
- Product Liability—Companies have a duty to protect consumers from potential hazards. If a person is harmed by an unsafe product they may be able to file suit against the manufacturer for a design defect, a manufacturing flaw, or a failure to warn or instruct about proper product usage.
- Premise Liability—Property and land owners have a legal responsibility to keep their premises safe. If someone sustains an injury from a slip, trip and fall accident, a falling object, or even a serious crime while on the property of another person that person may be liable and legally required to pay damages.
- Medical Malpractice—Medical malpractice suits are filed when a person is injured or killed as a result of the negligence of a medical care provider who fails to meet the standard of care owed to the patient. These cases are especially distressing because patients and their families put their faith into medical professionals and trust them with their lives.
Personal injury laws in Irvine
Each state has different laws governing personal injury litigation. This is why it makes sense to choose a local Irvine personal injury lawyer who is familiar with the laws of California to assist with your personal injury lawsuit. Some important things to remember include the following:
- Each state has a statute of limitations law that places a time limit on when you can file a lawsuit. In California a person has only two years from the date of an Irvine injury to file a personal injury claim.
- A personal injury lawsuit in California must be filed in the county where the accident occurred or where at least one defendant resides.
- California is a pure comparative fault state. This means that even if the injured party is partially to blame they are still entitled to receive compensation. However, the compensation they receive will be reduced by their percentage of fault.
Contact us for an experienced Orange County injury lawyer in Irvine, Newport Beach, Mission Viejo and San Clemente
The Irvine injury attorneys at David P. Crandall have extensive experience representing personal injury cases locally and throughout California. We will assess your particular situation and ensure your injuries are fully understood and compensated for. Let our Irvine personal injury law firm work for you. Contact us today.